Subject: Re: 2 issues with my new JBR
From: Dejonghe, Manuel (manuel.dejonghe_at_cycos.com)
Date: 2004-05-14

> At 01:25 14/05/04, you wrote:
> >2.
> >When I plug it into my computer, I can find it as the same drive as the FM
> >unit was when it was plugged in, but I cannot find it in the system tray
> >(Safely remove hardware). So I just unplug it, and usually I don't get a
> >GPF, but once in a while, I do.
> >Could it be that the JBR-20, which is a V2, uses a different storage device
> >driver than my FM?

It happened a few times windows told me it was not possible to 'stop the device now'. First time, beeing impatient, I got GPF of course. Since then, when windows is not willing to stop it, I hold the recorder in my hand to feel harddisc activity. Then I unplug it from usb ten seconds after last felt activity. Much easier should be to listen (put your ear on the device)m unfortunqtely, most often the cable is not long enough :-/

greetz, Manuel