Subject: Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2004-05-14

Nick Brodich said:
> I am wondering what peoples opinions are regarding Musicmatch Jukebox.
> This program came with my Archos, so of course I installed it and
> started using it. A few of its aspects have become annoying.
> Additionally, I am about to replace my old computer with a newer and
> better one. So the time has come for a potential change. Any thoughts
> on better or more user friendly programs? Any input will be greatly
> appreciated.

I used it a few times, but soon grew to hate it. It is especially bad at
playlists when ripping an album, because you have to construct it manually
afterwards, which annoys the hell out of me. For Windows, I used cdex for
cd ripping, and freeamp for playback. I use Linux most of the time, and
use grip for all my ripping needs, and xmms for playback.

--
Mike Holden

Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox