Subject: Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-05-14

Rocker wrote:

> I have never had a problem with Audio Grabber either. It has ID3 tagging,
> Freak lookup and can encode to different bit rates.

I've used Audiograbber, MMJB, Zlurp!, EAC, and several other programs to
rip CDs. I'm a convert to EAC. When I finish ripping in EAC, I don't
have to listen to the entire rip for errors. I don't have to wonder if
a tick, pop, or other form of distortion is a result of an erroneous
rip. If EAC says that the rip was error-free, it's good. I can burn it
to CD for my car MP3 player. I can transfer it to my Archos JB. I can
transfer it to my solid-state MP3 player.

I encode with LAME using the "extreme" preset and a whole CD will rip
and encode in about 15 minutes, which I consider to be quite tolerable.
  I'm going to listen to it over and over, so why worry about whether
the rip/encode takes six minutes, ten minutes, or fifteen?

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell