Subject: Re: uart_boot program
From: Brent Geery (
Date: 2004-05-15

On Sat, 15 May 2004 09:49:47 -0400, "jake" <>

> My box is not completely dead 'cause when I press F3+ON, it's waiting for
> commands as you say. Normally, I can start the recorder by pressing F1+ON
> and it'll start only on archos mode, not rockbox. I sure would like to know
> what went wrong with my flash...... thx.

Sorry, I didn't follow the complete thread, but... if you can boot
normally with F1+On, then try to put a current Rockbox ABJ file into
your root directory. This should get RB up and running, then you can
reflash your player again. If RB still will not properly boot then,
ou can flash back to the original archos code using the same method.

BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American Films