Subject: Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox
From: David Litchman (Davel23_at_rcn.com)
Date: 2004-05-16

At 10:52 PM 5/15/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>"Salokyn" <bazar.nicolas.gif_at_libertysurf.fr> wroted:
> > Do you know CDex (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/)??
> > It does all these things in one time (good ripping,
> > custom lame encoding (don't forget to put the
> > last lame_enc.dllin its folder), automatic id3
> > editing and file naming.
>
>Actually, EAC can do all things in one too. You just link Lame to it as an
>external compressor and instruct it to add ID3 tags. It supports any file
>naming scheme you can throw together as well. The difference between the two
>is mostly that EAC has a secure mode for ripping that is more accurate than
>CDex's Paranoia mode. The secure ripping capabilities is usually one of the
>biggest reasons people choose EAC, though it does plenty of other stuff well
>too.

Between EAC and CDex, it really just comes down to personal
preference. I've used both, and they're both great programs. I find CDex
a bit more intuitive, but as has been pointed out, EAC has more in-depth
error-correction. However, the only CD I've ever had problems with ripping
in CDex also was unrippable in EAC. As long as you have a fairly good
quality drive, and a fairly clean disc, you really shouldn't run into
problems. So, as I said, it really comes down to which program you
personally like better.