Subject: Re: Opinions on Musicmatch Jukebox
From: David Litchman (
Date: 2004-05-16

At 10:52 PM 5/15/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>"Salokyn" <> wroted:
> > Do you know CDex (
> > It does all these things in one time (good ripping,
> > custom lame encoding (don't forget to put the
> > last lame_enc.dllin its folder), automatic id3
> > editing and file naming.
>Actually, EAC can do all things in one too. You just link Lame to it as an
>external compressor and instruct it to add ID3 tags. It supports any file
>naming scheme you can throw together as well. The difference between the two
>is mostly that EAC has a secure mode for ripping that is more accurate than
>CDex's Paranoia mode. The secure ripping capabilities is usually one of the
>biggest reasons people choose EAC, though it does plenty of other stuff well

Between EAC and CDex, it really just comes down to personal
preference. I've used both, and they're both great programs. I find CDex
a bit more intuitive, but as has been pointed out, EAC has more in-depth
error-correction. However, the only CD I've ever had problems with ripping
in CDex also was unrippable in EAC. As long as you have a fairly good
quality drive, and a fairly clean disc, you really shouldn't run into
problems. So, as I said, it really comes down to which program you
personally like better.