Subject: Re: Recorded voicefont file available (alpha)
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-05-17

> Unfortunately, I don't have a Jukebox to test on at the moment, so I
> have no idea if it works. Would some kind soul give them a spin for me
> and let me know what they think?

Yes, the file works. What a job, to record all these clipsy steady and
straight, and trim them. Do you have any tool which assists this?

So far we've been using TTS, which is easy to reproduce and extend. But for
sure a truly spoken file is a luxurious thing.

The sound is hissing pretty bad (sorry to say), I personally woudn't use it.

> there is also a small patch to voicefont.cpp to enable different
> messages for entries in english.lang that have no voice text associated
> with them. It's a moderately dirty hack, but it enabled me to see which
> filenames I'd actually got wrong.

I havent't seen a patch, but your IRC communication. IIRC voicefont.cpp so
far just gathers all the files it can get. The selection which are non-empty
and generate an entry was done before, in the TTS part. I agree that it
makes sense to duplicate that detection.

Thank you,
Jörg