Subject: Re: Recorded voicefont file available (alpha)
From: Christi Scarborough (christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk)
Date: 2004-05-18

BlueChip wrote:

> I understand the Sonic Foundry's "Noise Removal" is the best - and I've
> had a lot of success with it myself. I thought I'd see if I could do a
> clean up job for you, but I've got at least one problem with that...
>
> The first problem is ...what format is a .voice file - how do I load it
> into a sound editor?

I think it's a whole bunch of MP3 files joined together. You'd really
need the original sound data, which I've now realised is actually a bit
big for me to upload.

> The second, I can only guess may exist, is that I would need a sample of
> background noise - this is normally obtained at the start or end of a
> recording, ie. a second or so just before or after you speak.

I have the background noise in the original Audacity project, so that
wouldn't be a problem.

> I'd be more than happy to give it a shot, as the Noise Removal s/w is
> not free (not by a long shot.) But obvisouly I can only promise you my
> time, and not guarantee good results.

Thanks - the offer is appreciated, but it terms of maintainability as
the software changes, that probably wouldn't be a viable option anyway.

Christi