Subject: [Off Topic] Re: important
Date: 2004-05-18

> I don't think so.
> macro viruses steal the contact list, then spam everybody who's on it.
> rockbox list was on his list.
> Even with no contact list, it look at the history of destination
> addresses.

that's true for "old" viruses that put the true sender adress in the
"from" field...but for most of the recent viruses (ok, for ALL of them)
the from field is a false, and it's easy to understand why : if you don't
know who is infected, this person can't remove the virus, if you know it,
the person can use a desinfection software. And the virus can't spread
anymore "from" this person.

I don't know what this virus is, but I received hundreds of mails like
this one "from" friends and people I know who weren't infected.

Romain Gardon.