Subject: plugins as multiple source files

plugins as multiple source files

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:51:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

The current limitation that plugins must be a single source file is not a
really technical limitation, it is only the way the current build system
works. Since we are now seeing several plugins that share code, we should try
to solve this by allowing a single plugin get linked together from several
object/source files.

Anyone with a suggestion on how that would be best laid out in the file
system? Perhaps a single dir for each plugin (and each plugin dir would have a
Makefile that could specify additional object files to use), and then a
special dir with "plugin-libs" for generic code for multiple plugins to use?

Or how should we proceed to avoid code duplication in multiple source files?