Subject: using libplugin.a
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-05-18

Hey plugin authors! (mostly Jörn and Jens to start with)

Once the attached patch is applied, you should be able to put C sources in
apps/plugins/lib and have them built into a lib that is used when linking
plugins. (This patch only patches the Makefile in the plugins directory)

Using this technique, you should be able to put the grayscale code into the
lib and make the JPEG viewer simply link with the lib to get those functions.

This also assumes that you put libplugin-headers in the plugins/lib dir, so I
figure a grayscale.h header file is suitable to put there.

I'm posting it here since I want it slightly tested before I commit.