Subject: 5400rpm toshiba drive in JBR
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-05-20

Hello list

Before I start I'd like to thank everyone for all the improvements that have
been made to RockBox during my abscence. The booting from flash is awesome.

I want to put my 60GB toshiba MK6022GAX 5400rpm drive from my laptop into my
JBR. I briefly tried it late last year and it didn't work but I can't
remember the exact error I got and I didn't investigate any further.

I realise this drive isn't ideal for an mp3 player and it won't improve the
performance and will use more power and blah blah blah, but I want to buy a
faster (7200rpm) drive for my laptop and I don't want to have to throw this
existing drive away.

So has anyone had any success with this or similar 5400rpm drives in a JBR?

If no-one has any thoughts then I'm going to try it again next week after I
back up everything on both the JBR and laptop.

Stu.