Subject: Re: Sync problems in grayscale lib?
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-05-23

> >For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
> >wrong.
> >H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
> So whilst looking for that solution - how simple, neat or wrong would it
> be to add a user-controllable refresh timer to the greyscale stuff?

It would be simple, not exactly neat, and of no big use. You have the best
match if the pattern moves as slow as possible (like my older TestFPS plugin
lets you try), the rest looks perfect then with no flicker, but we can't
sync the phase to balance it off-screen. The display just doesn't provide

For example, my box has a pretty well 67 Hz when powered on. When it heats
up by being used, the LCD rate gets slower, the pattern moves faster and
later becomes a flicker.

This is the price for the pseudo-grayscale display, I'm afraid...

The flicker only affects the "gray" (=modulated) pixels. If one day we'd
like antialiased fonts, only a few edge pixel would be gray, the black or
white majority would look OK.

Jetzt aktivieren unter