Subject: easier installation of your own builds
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2004-05-24

I bet there are more people than me that have felt that it has grown harder
and harder to install your own custom build of Rockbox onto your Archos. We
have over time introduced a large dir hiearchy that requires files all over to
work smoothly.

These problems are now history. Since a couple of days back we provide a very
comfortable way: run 'make zip' in your build dir and you'll get a
file created for you. That zip is produced using the *exact* same procedure as
is used to produce the daily builds on the Rockbox web site and is a very
handy package to install on your Archos:

$ make
$ make zip
$ cd /mnt/archos
$ unzip ~/mysource/

Do note that you need the fonts checked out for this to work, so you might
need to run 'cvs co fonts' in your root CVS rockbox dir.

Happy hacking!

 Daniel Stenberg -- --