Subject: RE: I.N.Q. #2. iTunes plugin: mostly useless, or totally useless?
From: Jonah, Jim (Jim.Jonah_at_compuware.com)
Date: 2004-05-25

iTunes works for some of what you asked for below. Look at your itune
preferences. By default the files will be imported into the iTunes library.
So ID3 edits will occur on that "copy" of your mp3 files. If that option is
on that's why don't see the ID3 changes on the Archos copy. Also iTunes uses
ID3 2.x not 1.x which may also explain your not seeing your changes appear.
However, you can "convert" tags from one version to another by right
clicking on the song(s) in iTunes (if you have a three button mouse - they
do work on Macs :-) ) and selecting the option.

You keep mentioning a plugin, so maybe I'm missing something here. What
"plugin" are you using and what are you plugging it into?

http://www.trancesoftware.com/products/itunespublisher/ I've not used this,
but it claims to export playlists as .m3u files.

Hope this helps.

Jim