Subject: sony cd changer emulation almost finished
From: sophana (jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 2004-05-26

Hi all

I'm glad to announce that I almost finished my sony cd changer emulation.
I had lot of problems displaying names on the head unit (HU), I finally can display 8 chars, not more.

So I finally went into a hack for my purpose. I decided to hack lcd_puts_cont_scroll() so I have access in realtime to the lcd display changes.
A little mod in put_cursor changes the line displayed also.
I know this is a nasty hack because I modified only the lcd-player.c file. so it won't work with recorders.

But the result is simply GREAT.

I mapped all the player buttons and I have access to all rockbox functions from the HU. I can browse the directories, browse the menus, the scrolling is managed from rockbox so I have all scrolling features (bidir, jump scroll, etc...)
I even implemented fast forward and rewind (key repeat, yes...)
I implemented automatic power_off also.

To be done:
I have to control some display flags telling if i'm in menus, tree browse, if the current file is a mp3 or directory...
And finally, I have to implement power-on by modding my player.

If anybody interested for the sources just ask me. I'll try to update my web site as soon as possible:
http://sophana.free.fr/unilink.html

Sophana