Subject: Re: playlists
From: Hardeep Sidhu (hardeeps_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2004-05-27

Matt Evans wrote:

> The following line from my rockbox playlist:
>
> /My Music/@@ Various for sort/Capital Gold Legends (disc 2)/13 [The Moody
> Blues] Nights in White Satin --- Capital Gold Legends (disc 2).mp3
>
> Gets turned in to:
>
> D:\@Playlists\Personal\/My Music/@@ Various for sort/Capital Gold Legends
> (disc 2)/13 [The Moody Blues] Nights in White Satin --- Capital Gold Legends
> (disc 2).mp3
>
> By Winamp. I assumed it was having problems with forward slashes but maybe
> it's something else. The 'D:\@Playlists\Personal\' bit is the path to the
> actual playlist file. Any thoughts?

Strange -- Winamp doesn't recognize paths with a forward slash as
absolute paths when loading the playlist and prepends the current path.
  However, if you were to move the playlist to the root directory and
play from there, Winamp would play all the tracks correctly.

This sounds like a problem with Winamp and not something that should be
fixed in Rockbox. Possible workarounds:
1. Store all your playlists in the root directory
2. Write a small script to convert the forward slashes to backslashes
(doesn't Winamp provide a scripting mechanism?)

-Hardeep