Subject: Re: voice settings on rockbox

Re: voice settings on rockbox

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:55:30 -0400

Sarai and Rosie wrote:
> Hey:
> I had my Dad look at the voice settings. I think we selected yes and on on
> all of the choices, but it still doesn't work.

Assuming you want english as the language (there are others available!),
you should have both an english.lng file and an english.voice file in
that folder, like so:

M:\.rockbox\langs\english.voice
M:\.rockbox\langs\english.lng

Your drive letter may vary, of course. Once that's done, you want to
have menus voiced:

f1->general settings->voice->voice menus->yes

You can set the voice options for directories (usually 'while hovering')
and filenames in that part of the configuration menu also. Note that
while the voicing of menus and filenames (sequence number and extension
are spoken, e.g., "file 1, audio", not the actual name) is handled
automatically by rockbox, you must perform an additional step to have
your directory names spoken. This can be done easily with a script, but
let's get the other voicing issues cleared up first before we mess with
that.