Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished

Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished

From: sophana <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 20:30:57 +0200

> I see.
> If I understood correctly, you implemented some kind of protocol that
> provides you with remote access to the Rockbox functionalities.
>
> If so, what is this good for (if you are not able to control these
functions
> from the HU (because of missing keys) ?

I have 6 buttons of the HU mapped to the 6 buttons of my archos. Simple
isn't it?
So the protocol and implementation is very very simple.
I have added 4 more actions:
key release (for key repeat implementation)
pause (when switching to tuner)
resume (when switching from tuner)
and power off (when switching off the HU)

the status display is also very simple: I display exactly the same than on
the archos lcd (scrolling included).
I dynamically change the displayed line according to the cursor position.
I also transmit track number and elapsed time separatly.
There is only one poll code, and the rockbox decides what to update by
having a header.
There are actually 2 only possible updates: display and timing.
my code is not hard to port on recorders. it can be also used on generic
external lcd display.

This implementation is the simplest and the most powerful because I have
access to all rockbox functionalities.
I have a power transistor missing for implementing power control from the
PIC.
haven't modded my archos yet for auto power-on. Hope it won't be too
complex.