Subject: Re: current voice file has some problems
From: Jens Arnold (
Date: 2004-05-28

Hello John

> I am finding that the latest voice file has some problems --
> the letter a is hardly pronounced at all and in keyboaard.c
> not at all and the underscore seems to be not voiced at all.
> This is using the voice file of (if I
> remember) 26-may.

Oops, it seems that you are using my newest voice files. The
AT&T US english versions did indeed have a problem with the
spelling of "a" - it got interpreted as the article "a",
rendering it very short, almost swallowed. I have corrected this
by adding a replacement rule (quote it) to the generation script.

So anyone who uses either "" or ""
from please
re-download. (Sorry for the inconvenience)

Regards, Jens