Subject: Re: RockBox 2.2 - Jukebox 6000 - Volume and Pitch
From: Laurent Makowski (
Date: 2004-05-28

Jean Boullier wrote:

> Laurent,
> Do you mean you are experiencing variable pitch with a player-only
> jukebox? The variable pitch/speed is supposed to be possible on the
> recorders only...
> Also, could you try to figure out the variation, i.e. tell us the
> normal and abnormal durations for a same track. That might help people
> who are able to analyse this problem.
> Jean.

If a track indicates me 3.5mn (for example) at a normal speed, it will
still indicates me 3.5mn when the problem happens.
And the problem is that when I change the volume, my 3.5mn track slows
down to become something like a 4mn speed track (but it displays that it
is a 3.5mn track), whatever I change the volume (louder or shy), it just
go from a state to another (3.5mn to 4mn, for exemple). I can't get a
normal speed until I turn off and on the archos again.

Maybe it's not a question of firmware and my archos is getting old, I
don't know.
I should go back to a previous firmware to compare.

Does anybody experienced the same problem ?

Thank you for your suggestions.