Subject: *PANIC* message same on original firmware?
From: RK (randyk_at_wi.rr.com)
Date: 2004-05-29

Is the *PANIC* message the same on the original AJB V2 Archos firmware as Rockbox?

For a second time in about 2 weeks, I saw *PANIC* ata-52. Before I return mine for repair, I want to be sure that the Rockbox firmware is not causing this, and that it would be the same error message Rockbox or not.

In both cases, the backlight stays on, the harddrive runs constantly, the red light blinks occasionally. The only way to reset it is to let the battery run out; then it works again.

Do I have a bad one?

Thanks, Randy