Subject: Re: Firmware for AV300 Series
From: Matt Evans (
Date: 2004-05-29

Eric Linenberg wrote:
> Dogger and some others have put in some incredibe effort with avOS.
> It is much less immature than rockbox, but look where rockbox was a
> year or two ago!

Avos primary aim is to port Linux to the AV/MM units. I hope to use the
hardware information gathered by the Avos team to make Rockbox run on these
players. For this purpose, I have bought an AV340.

Everyone who is interested in helping is invited.

Is there any update on when a version of Rockbox might be available for the AV300 series?

2004 :o) 2005 :o() 2006 :o( !!!

Just trying to decide if/when to buy an AV340 and I assume I will be much happier if it runs rockbox. Can't believe what a differenec rockbox has made to my jbr!!

Keep up the good work.