Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: voice in keyboard.c
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Hello Rocker, Aman, Glenn, Cristian, et al,
I had "silently" implemented that feature on May 21st, didn't write a
posting, was no big deal. It's in the mainline cvs, no need to patch not
Rockbox uses a virtual keyboard when renaming files, creating directories,
saving a playlist/configuration/radio station. This is now voiced as far as
the letters/symbols are available. Currently 26 chars, the digits 0-9, '.',
'+', '-'. Not too many, I admit, but the full charset would easily cause the
voice file to explode.
When the keyboard is invoked by such an action, first the existing string is
spelled. If there is no existing string (like, for creating a dir), you
won't hear anything.
- Now you can use the direction keys to move across a table of
letters/numbes/symbols (up/down/left/right), the selected letter is spelled.
There are many special chars which produce no voice output.
- Play picks the selected letter and adds it to the string. The complete
string is spelled again. It's debateable whether this makes sense.
- F1 shifts the layers of the table, for upper case, lower case, accented
chars (the latter not audible).
- F2 completes the dialog, taking the new string.
- F3 is backspace, removes a char off the line end.
- On+Left/Right moves the cursor within the string, the letter right to the
cursor is spelled. This way you can review the string or move to an insert
- Off cancels the dialog
I hope this description helps those who can't see the keyboard dialog.
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew