Subject: Reflashing JBRv2
From: Forsythe (dantoni_at_megalink.net)
Date: 2004-05-30

I have firmware flashed to RockBox 2.2 and everything works wonderfully. the
speed of booting and shut down is well worth the minimal effort. My question
is if I want to reflash with one of the daily builds will I lose the ability
to do the on+F1 to get into the Archos firmware. My sense of logic points me
towards the following; when I originally flashed the firmware it took the
Archos firmware and made it the back up firmware. If I reflash with a new
RockBox firmware, will it put my originally flashed RockBox firmware as the
backup firmware or will it keep the Archos firmware as the backup? I want to
try some of the daily builds but I don't want to lose the security blanket
of the Archos firmware as a backup.

Thanks for any help with this. sometimes I just get paranoid and don't do
anything to move forward. I very much appreciate all the tips and info I've
gotten here since I got my JBRv2. My daughter has an Ipod and it's really
elegant but I really like my JBR with RockBox installed.

Dan