Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished

Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 19:53:48 +0200 (MEST)

> I have 6 buttons of the HU mapped to the 6 buttons of my archos. Simple
> isn't it?
> So the protocol and implementation is very very simple.
> I have added 4 more actions:
> key release (for key repeat implementation)
> pause (when switching to tuner)
> resume (when switching from tuner)
> and power off (when switching off the HU)

You added, that additional actions to the rockbox SW, right ?
Is there a plan to integrate that features to the main path development of
Rockbox ?
Talking in a general way of implementation into Rockbox, how could these
functions be accessed (maybe via extended remote interface) ?

> the status display is also very simple: I display exactly the same than on
> the archos lcd (scrolling included).
> I dynamically change the displayed line according to the cursor position.
> I also transmit track number and elapsed time separatly.

So the Unilink protocol enables you sending that data to the HU ?
Nice!
My Panasonic CDC simulator project isn't able to do that, because the
protocol itself doesn't contain the possibility of any text sending :-((

> There is only one poll code, and the rockbox decides what to update by
> having a header.

Aahh, some kind of "ping-pong" protocol....

> I have a power transistor missing for implementing power control from the
> PIC.
> haven't modded my archos yet for auto power-on. Hope it won't be too
> complex.

There were several discussions about that some weeks ago, and that power on
pulse thing is definetly not working on all JB devices !
Maybe you should think in shortcutting the JB's OFF key with that
transistor, that would be electrically the same behaviour as pressing the
key....

Greetings

Matthias

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp