Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished
Date: 2004-06-01

> >My Panasonic CDC simulator project isn't able to do that, because the
> >protocol itself doesn't contain the possibility of any text sending :-((
> So my approach won't be possible, because you won't have the necessary
> feedback to navigate through rockbox features.
> Too bad.
> Are you sure there is no extension to the protocol for text display?

Yeah, no extensions possible. It's a pure OEM protocol adapted for VW and
Audi HU's. Means maybe there could be a extension, but even so the HU would
not understand it. Furthermore some HU displays don't allow ASCII characters
(only numbers). Would be really a nice feature, but w/o support from
protocol layer.......:-(

> >There were several discussions about that some weeks ago, and that power
> on
> >pulse thing is definetly not working on all JB devices !
> >Maybe you should think in shortcutting the JB's OFF key with that
> >transistor, that would be electrically the same behaviour as pressing the
> >key....
> >

> yes the dc power pulse does not work for players.
> Yesterday, I opened my box, but did not find any wire connecting the
> 'ON' button. I have to unmount the LCD to have access to the button
> switch, but I have scratched one screw, so I can't. I will have to cut
> the screw.
> Too bad players cannot be flashed yet. because I can see there is a
> flash in it.
> That would solve the start problem.

Yes, of course would be very nice...

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail :

"Sie haben neue Mails!" - Die GMX Toolbar informiert Sie beim Surfen! Jetzt aktivieren unter