Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished
From: sophana (
Date: 2004-06-01 wrote:

>>>You added, that additional actions to the rockbox SW, right ?
>>>Is there a plan to integrate that features to the main path development
>>>Rockbox ?
>>I'm not sure which path was taken here, but "hijacking" the LCD doesn't
>>sound like a generic way.
>I guess so, but maybe you both could start to reune it to something generic
I'm sure the mod I did is more generic than your approach.
Indeed, it does allow implementation of a remote control with external
LCD display. This application is not only related to car applications...
If someone find its player LCD too small, he can connect the jukebox to
an HUGE external display with minimal hardware.
The display part is totally separated from the control part.

Please also note that the "hijack" is about 3 to 4 lines added to the
original code (very light indeed). The rest is in a separate C file.

making both mechanisms cohabit is clearly possible also.