Subject: HD Error...My baby won't boot!
From: Nick Brodich (nick_at_moirbrodich.com)
Date: 2004-06-01

Dear Brain Trust:

     After a fairly high-speed motorcycle trip, it appears as thought I've done in my Studio 10. It will not boot up. I only get the HD Error message. When I connect the USB to my PC, everything is completely normal. I can navigate through all of the files without any problems. But it will not boot.

    I would like your suggestions on two fronts. First, is there any way to get my unit to boot and return to normal? If so, what should I do.

    Secondly, perhaps I need to rethink the appropriateness of my Studio 10 for motorcycling applications. Even with the Rockbox anti-skip protection cranked up to the max, I was still getting consistent skipping problems. Is there a better unit out there for my rough-and-tumble application? Is it conceiveable to install a more robust hard drive into my Studio 10?

    In short, I would like to fix the current problem and take steps so that I am not in this position again.

    As always, your expertise and insight is marveled at and greatly appreciated.

Nick Brodich