Subject: Re: gain setting
Date: 2004-06-01

There are no lower gain settings on the Archos.
Can you control the level of the source? It sounds like it is too "hot".
If you cannot reduce the level at the source, you can buy an attenuator
cable, or use an intermediate device like a pre-amp or mixer to control
the level of the signal reaching the Archos line-in.