Subject: Re: sony cd changer emulation almost finished
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-01

> I had a look at the plugin mechanism.
> The big struct containing all the pointers is touchy to make backward
> compatibility.
> Is there not another way of making system calls through a trap or
> something like that? (like most modern OS)

The struct is versioned forward and backwards, it's kind of mandatory for a
plugin to check that first.
A trap would have at least the same kind of compatibility problem, what if
you change the IDs?
Plus, the simple function pointer struct works equally well in the
simulator.

> I saw a flash in my player jukebox. I have read somewhere in the list
> that you had a failed attempt in flashing the player. Are you sure there
> is no way for recovering a badly flashed player? (jtag or something like
> that)

There is, this is what I call the UART boot mod. I did that, reflashed it
back to original, verified that, but it still doesn't work. The flash
content is not the problem here, I must have broken something while doing
the mod.

> I would be glad to help for player flashing because I could not find how
> to connect to the 'ON' button.

Maybe one day...

Jörg