Subject: Re: fix the cover to the lcd
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2004-06-02

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:44:41 -0400, Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:18:07 -0400, Ezra Zankel wrote:
>> the plastic cover to my lcd has become scratched. Is there any way for
>> me to get a replacement... and how would you go about putting it on?
>
>You could try polishing out the scratch with one of those CD repair kits,
>or just some regular old toothpaste and a soft cloth.

Even better is the compound they sell at car parts stores to polish out
scratches from plastic (convertible) windows. Works great.

>What I do for my AJBR is to put a cut out piece of an old PDA screen
>protector on the screen. This saves it from most any possible scratch and
>is easily replaced.

I do something similar. I use a layer of that crystal clear packing tape
available from the office supply places and Rat Shack. Just stick it on and
go around the outside of the display with an Exacto knife to trim the tape to
fit.

John

---
John De Armond