Subject: Status of RLOD issue
From: Daniel Gudlat (
Date: 2004-06-02

Hi folks,

has anyone kept track about the Red LED of Death issues?

IIRC, the spontaneous variety should be dead and buried, but what about
the movement/vibration induced variety?

The reason I ask is that I've been using my own compiles with the
assembler-optimized ATA routines since mid-April, and not only are they
working flawlessly with my Hitachi DK23DA, my cursory tests over the
last few days seem to show that they prevent RLOD as well.

Now, before I start a lengthy series of tests comparing an unmodified
daily build and a build using the assembler-optimized ATA routines,
does anyone know what I should expect from the daily builds wrt. RLOD?

Daniel Gudlat