Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Harddisk OK, but doesn't start spinning
From: Markus Grebenstein (sassodimorte_at_gmx.de)
I already posted my problem a couple of weeks ago, but din't receive an
answer. So feel free to tell me if I'm on the wrong list etc.
I wanted to flash Rockbox on my JBS to get further debugging information
but I can't access any hardisk
Short description, what happens:
1. Switching on (battery- supply): The HD doesn't start turning. I get a
message HD-Error (standard firmware on flash)
2. Connecting to a DC- Adapter: "Charging- batteries" (that doesn't
finish after 24 hours!); no buzzing noise as I am used to. If I turn the
JB on, I again get a HD- Error. There's a Voltage of 5.7 V on the
batterie-connectors when charging
3. Connecting to USB: "USB active". But the Harddisk still doesn't turn
at all. Does the Disk get the powersupply over USB when connected or
from the batteries?
4. Harddisk on an USB- Adapter (ATA 44). Runs perfectly! I checked, it
reformated it, put rockbox on it....
What I've tried to repair it:
1.Resoldered the pins of the IDE (ATA) plug and the connections of the
springs at the battery- case.
2. Formatted Harddisk (Fat32)......
Anybody out there with an Idea to fix it?
Any link to further information etc. will be very welcome
Thanks a lot in advance!
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew