Subject: Re: Harddisk OK, but doesn't start spinning
From: Markus Grebenstein (sassodimorte_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-02

thanks a lot for your response!

> And what voltage after charging?
> can your batteries be dead?

I changed the batteries to brandnew MiHs with 2100mA charged external so
this shouldn't be the problem. Furtheron I tried with an professional
external powersupply at the DC- connector and the processor and the
display worked fine

> maybe you should take the ide pinout and check the power pins voltage,
> and if there is a signal making the drive spinning.

I already measured the IDE (ATA) pin voltages. I switched on the unit
and measured at pin 42 (Motor) and pin 41 (Logic) (not with a scope yet;
just a multimeter). Has been nearly 0V. But I don't know if those two
voltages are controlled by the processor or if they have to be 5V
permanently

Would be very helpfull to know!

Cheers,

Markus