Subject: Re: Harddisk OK, but doesn't start spinning
From: Oliver (oliver.online_at_schweiz.ch)
Date: 2004-06-02

Hi Markus!

Markus Grebenstein wrote:
> Short description, what happens:
> 1. Switching on (battery- supply): The HD doesn't start turning. I get a
> message HD-Error (standard firmware on flash)

I had these problems when I upgraded my Recorder to a 40GB HD.
You should try to get a cable IDE3.5" <--> IDE2.5" and connect
the HD to a Desktop-PC. If it spins up then the motor is ok.
Then do a checkdisk and you will see if your HD is 100% ok.

The cable is around 10EUR and you can also use it, if you need/want
to mount another HD into your AJB (to format it).

BTW: Do NOT buy a Hitachi HD - it did not work for me. Try Fujitsu.

Greetings

+++ Oliver