Subject: Re: Defunct FM and can I get a refurbished or new JBR V1 20 anywhere?
From: Neon John (
Date: 2004-06-03

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 17:00:42 -0700, "Nathan Gray" <>

>Now, I need a new box. Anyone aware of JBR 20's that are available anyplace?
>I don't care about weight and removable batteries would be a welcome change
>from the recharge every night situation.

Softbyweb has the JBR 10s

They had some JBR 20s about a month ago. I bought a couple to put on the
shelf as spares. You might drop them a note to see if they have one or two
laying around. The item you want is archos part # 500277. A lot of places
are advertising "recorders" without disclosing the "V2".

I've had good luck with Amazon's "request an item" service where you specify
what you want and what you're willing to pay. I've snagged two JBRs for
friends that way.

John De Armond
Cleveland, Occupied TN