Subject: Re: FM transmitters
From: Benjamin Betts (
Date: 2004-06-03

Boy, do I have something for you guys.
Check out this site for input adapters specific to your car's stereo. A
massive improvement over a transmitter and quite a bit better that a
tape adapter. These can be a little pricey but don't leave the site
without checking out the "FM Modulator" It's the last item on the big
list. It will make a solid connection between your Antenna and your
stereo (so it's universal). Depending on possible interference this
should give you performance nearly as good as an actual input, and it's
cheaper. $60: Not cheap, just cheaper.
These units usually give you two RCA inputs, so I would suggest spending
$5 at Rad Hut and installing an inconspicuous 1/4' headset jack in the dash.
These can be had for less. Shop around. Try eBay.

Benjamin Betts