Subject: Re: looking for mic recommendation
From: sophana (
Date: 2004-06-03

DaveP wrote:

> Hi -
> I have a JBR20 and I use it a lot to record band practice and gigs.
> I've been using the built-in mic which, for my purposes, works pretty
> well but I'd like to boost the quality of the recordings.
> I'm assuming an external mic would help. Is the mic that Archos sells
> worth the money? Are there any other recommendations for a better mic?
> I know I need a certain type of mic (as you can tell I know very
> little about this) and I'd be willing to pay a little bit more for a
> better value than what Archos offers.
> Thanks.
The mic quality depends principaly on one thing: the price. It can go
from some dollars to thousands of dollars.

Do you want it portable?

you should definitly buy a good mic (or 2?) and a good preamplifier to
get a good sound.
You can also buy a studio mixer table with 5 to 6 mics and then you'll
get a terrible sound!