Subject: Re: Need help with UART boot
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-06-03

> > Whoo, what a brave guy! Where did you get a chip?

Very interesting, once the chip is validated you should make a posting about
the terms. There are some people out there desparate for a chip.

> > Don't forget to patch in your h/w mask, 2 bytes at offset 0xFC and 0xFD,
> > else you may get some funny behaviour.
> Ah, good to know. I thought your uart_boot program would handle that.

No, the tool is very basic and powerful. A hacker tool, not intended for a
wide audience. It just flashes what you give it, no more, no less. For
example, how should it know the mask value if you just soldered in a blank

> > Reading with uart_boot? This should give you the true content. Different
> > than what? The flashed firmware_rec.bin?
> Yes,
> uart_boot -p COM1 -r -f firmware_rec.bin
> followed by
> uart_boot -p COM1 -r -d firmware_dump.bin
> results in a firmware_dump.bin file which is completely different from
> firmware_rec.bin

This indeed should not happen. Do you see a pattern for the differences?
Like, failed to set the bits high or low.
You could do some testing with a file that contains all 0 or all 0xFF.
How is your new chip exactly called? Maybe it's not really compatible to our

> > You need to release the LCD lines for a normal start.
> Yes, I did that. Actually I soldered in a small switch to select between
> LCD lines low/released. If I start with LCD lines released, I get three
> short blinks of the red light and then nothing happens.

This means the ROM bootloader found no valid image to start.

Jetzt aktivieren unter