Subject: RE: help
From: Rick Alfaro (ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2004-06-03

Larry,

Go to
http://rockbox.haxx.se/

Follow the link to Daily Builds.

>From the daily builds page find the latest build for the Archos model you
currently have and download it.

Now navigate to the downloads page, and then to the link Language file for
RockBox.

>From the Languages page, download the english.voice file.

Now, unzip the daily build file you downloaded to the root of your archos
unit. The unzip process should create the necessary directories on your
Archos drive.

Now, copy the english.voice file you downloaded into the .rockbox\langs
directory on your unit.

Once all of this is done, safely remove the Archos unit from the USB
connection and turn it on. Once it boots, press the menu button, and you
should have talking menus.

Note that I am also new with the RockBox stuff, but I believe this is
accurate. Good luck.

Best regards,

Rick Alfaro
ralfaro_at_bellsouth.net