Subject: Replacing Hard Drive with CF Card
From: Nick Brodich (
Date: 2004-06-03

Greetings Learned Colleagues:

        Has anyone on the list opened up their Studio 10? Because of skipping problems discussed ad nauseaum earlier, I am planning on bagging the hard drive world and going to solid state. But I would like to keep my Archos, and I definitely want to keep my Rockbox! So I'm wondering about the possibility of taking out my hard drive and inserting a 1 GB CF card in its place.

    I'm just crazy enough to try it, so if you anyone thinks its a REALLY BAD IDEA, now is the time to speak. I trust you implicitly. Muchas Gracias.