Subject: RE: Line-In recording problems - getting desperate

RE: Line-In recording problems - getting desperate

From: VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) <"VanBaren,>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:19:32 -0600

[snip]

> The danged thing just will not work. After I am done
> recording and I play
> the recording, all I get is nothing:) - no music
> what-so-ever. My stereo
> system has to be in Tape mode in order to play tapes. It
> cannot play a tape
> and simultaneously be in Game(Video/Aux) mode and play the
> tape. Is this the
> problem? To make it even clearer - The Jukebox needs the
> Game(Video/Aux)
> mode to play the MP3's on it via the stereo system. Does it
> need the same
> mode for recording? Can I record with while the stereo system
> is in Tape
> mode, so the tape is playing?
>
> I have done my best to describe my problem. Hopefully someone
> is able to
> help me. Thank in advance!
>
> P.S. The Mic recording works perfectly.

You've explained your AJR setup, but not your stereo system. Game(Video/Aux) has no meaning to most or all of us.

Plug a headphone set into the AJR output while you are trying to record. If you don't hear anything, you are not going to record anything. In this case (which I suspect is THE case), your source (stereo) isn't configured to put out audio into the AJR.

Plug headphones into your stereo where you are getting your audio for the AJR. Do you hear anything now? If not, you have no audio out of your stereo. Time to randomly press other stereo buttons until you get audio out.

gvb

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager. Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.