Subject: Re: Replacing Hard Drive with CF Card

Re: Replacing Hard Drive with CF Card

From: eD\\/ARd0 F/\\KEn^M3 <cojonesdetoro_at_badeddie.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:31:19 -0400

There are adapters that let you do this but you may need to break out the
dremel moto-tool to make it fit. Sandisk also made IDE drives that were just
flash memory but the host PC can't tell the difference (I have a 128MB one
that is the same shape as a 9.5mm laptop drive. I bet it would work. You
would then have a very heavy flash MP3 player with very little storage....
but no skips :-)

BTW: Make sure you use a flash card that follows the spec well. Sandisk does
a good job of emulating a IDE drive (a true ATA device) in their CF cards. I
worked on an embedded Linux project once and the Sandisk cards performed
better as IDE drives than other cheapo brands.