Subject: RE: FM transmitters

RE: FM transmitters

From: Gary Wingert <gary_wingert_at_sonic.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 19:54:06 -0700

Yes, the sensitive surface-mount stuff is done for you,
but in the FM25B kit you do solder resistors, transistors,
caps, an 8-pin chip or two - basically everything else inside.
I have to use a lighted 3-diopter magnifying glass/lamp now,
but it wasn't hard. Took about 3 hours or so... Just get
the hang of getting the tip of the iron there first, then
touch the solder to it, it melts, when it fills the hole and
spreads, pull back and blow on it to cool.

Kind of expensive to try as a first kit, though, maybe buy
one of their less expensive kits or see what radio shack has
to practice with first. Just be quick with solid-state stuff
like IC chips, diodes and transistors..