Subject: RE: 5400rpm toshiba drive in JBR
From: Stuart Tedford (stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk)
Date: 2004-06-04

It also now works in my JBR, yay.

I guess the main lesson to learn from all this is that OEM drives do not
always follow the spec of their retail counterparts. When there were no
jumpers on the drive (master mode for retail drives), my drive was in fact
still looking for cable select. Of all the devices I tried it in, only the
Compaq Laptop the drive shipped in provided the correct level on the cable
select pin.

Thanks again for all the help.

Stu.