Subject: RE: white backlight mod

RE: white backlight mod

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:25:39 +0200 (MEST)

> Does that mean a power consumption raised for factor 2 or even 4 ?

If you don't change the current limiting resistors, the backlight uses about
3 times more current. It is a lot brighter than original, so if changing the
resistors you could compensate.

But it has to be noted that the backlight consumption is very low. From the
voltage I measured across the resistor it should be ~2.2 mA originally.
Total consumption of the box is ~100 mA in idle mode.

> How many LED's would be needed ?

4 pieces.

> Where to get those from ? www.reichelt.de only shows blue ones.

I got mine from ebay, sold in packs of 12 for Nokia phones. You should look
for warm white, to avoid my blueish shade.

Jörg