Subject: Re: Mute?
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2004-06-05

At 09:29 05/06/04, you wrote:
>Linus> I agree that it would be a nice function for a radio, but on an
>Linus> MP3 player you could just as easily press Pause, couldn't you?
>Then the music stops! The idea with muting to a predefined, low, level
>is that the music continues. If the only option is to mute to silence
>then I guess pause is better.
>%% Mats

Muting to a predefined level is classically referred to as "ducking" ...I
am sure this feature would be great for many ...the first that springs to
mind is to have the system auto-duck when you answer your car
phone. Anyone into their gimmicks will know Bang & Olufson and know their
system already does this :)