Subject: Re: Help, JB with broken LCD
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-06

> Well, no sooner did I get my JB FM back, I managed to break the LCD on
> it.

Several people managed to get a replacement, from a distributor (Europe) or
NewMp3Technology (US), have a look into the list.

> Anyway I thought as an interim measure
> until I could get it fixed, I could perhaps use the voice UI.
> Unfortunately I can't figure out how to turn it on without being able to
> see the display. Any suggestions?

The voice UI is on by default, to aid the non-sighted to get it going. You
need the file "english.voice" in ".rockbox/langs/".
You may have the voice disabled, tricky to get it on then. You can prepare a
config file and/or try to blindly:
- run that
- reset the configuration: F1, 2*down, play, 3*down, play, up, play,
2*down,2*play
- enable voice: F1, 2*down, play, up, 2*play, down, play

Jrg

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router fr alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl