Subject: Re: Help, JB with broken LCD

Re: Help, JB with broken LCD

From: Christi Scarborough <christi_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 12:57:48 +0100

[IDC]Dragon wrote:

> Several people managed to get a replacement, from a distributor (Europe) or
> NewMp3Technology (US), have a look into the list.

Any idea of a part number? I can then check if any of my sister's
standard electronics suppliers have it in stock.

> The voice UI is on by default, to aid the non-sighted to get it going. You
> need the file "english.voice" in ".rockbox/langs/".

This should work with the daily builds, right? I have the JB flashed
with 2.2 and dumped ajbrec.ajz into the root. That should mean it loads
the daily build from disk, yes? It's a bit difficult to confirm which
version is running without the screen.

> You may have the voice disabled, tricky to get it on then. You can prepare a
> config file and/or try to blindly:
> - run that
> - reset the configuration: F1, 2*down, play, 3*down, play, up, play,
> 2*down,2*play
> - enable voice: F1, 2*down, play, up, 2*play, down, play

Thanks, that's useful.

Christi