Subject: Re: Help, JB with broken LCD
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-06-06

> Any idea of a part number? I can then check if any of my sister's
> standard electronics suppliers have it in stock.

If you're too lazy to search the list, I'll do that. ;-)
Here's my results after 30 seconds:
http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/repairlcd.html
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-11/0686.shtml

> This should work with the daily builds, right? I have the JB flashed
> with 2.2 and dumped ajbrec.ajz into the root. That should mean it loads
> the daily build from disk, yes?

No, if you flashed that version is fix until you flash another. But you can
start the Archos firmware with F1+On, this will load the .ajz if present.

Once you got the new build going, you can use the voice UI even for
flashing, since it announces folders, files and known extensions if that is
enabled. Play the .ucl file, hit F2, wait a little. The blind folks use it
that way, too.

Jörg