Subject: AJR20 stops pb/ rec by itsself

AJR20 stops pb/ rec by itsself

From: Hendrik van Zeelen <sheygetz_at_freenet.de>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:26:37 +0200

I've had a JBR20 "on trial" (returnable within 14 days) for
over a week now. While I'm thrilled w/ the RB software -
which I installed right away and which was the reason to get
this archaic (hence the nomer Archos) device in the first
place - the build quality just doesn't inspire too much
confidence.

I've now encountered this strange phenomenon:
1) I'm playing off a playlist. All of its own playback
suddenly stops. I was not in the room then, so I don't know
whether it was in the middle or at the very end of a track.
When I go look at the display, it says "do you want to
create a bookmark etc...."
The box is not flashed, I'm running v2.2, battery level was
beyond 50%. Box was sitting on a shelf connected to hi-fi.
2) I start a recording from the radio/ line-in. Two hours
later I return to find the box turned off. The recording is
there alright, but it stops just short of 30m. Battery level
55%. As RB is set to 5m idle power-down, I assume the damn
thing just stopped again and powered down after those 5 m.

Any ideas? Have I overlooked a menu option "stop anything
after xx Minutes"?

Cheers
Hendrik